Thursday, June 4, 2009

College Days are Over

Wow! It only seems like yesterday, this handsome man, was a little boy, being cradled in my arms. After 12 years of school, and 6 years of college, that little boy has changed into a grown man.

There are many memories I will forever hold in my heart. I watched him, as he has followed the will of God for his life, and given up a lot, to be where he is today. Only God knows what the future holds for him. I just wish I could have him in my home forever, but I know that one day, he will meet the girl of his dreams and fly away from the nest, out into a great big ole world. I only hope I have given him spiritually what he needs to cope. If God always takes first place, I know he can make it.

So, as the doors of opportunity open for him. I hope he walks in the right ones. All I can do, is be the kind of Mom he can always look up to, believe in, and want to come home for dinner ever once in a while.

I remember one day, he was telling me that he was going to live with me the rest of his life. I ask him what he was going to do when he got married. His reply was: "I will build a house out behind our house and you can cook dinner for us all the time".

Well, I am sure that his wife will have different plans. There will probably never be a home built in our back yard, maybe just a "dog" house. But I hope I have built a home of love in his heart that he can never get away from.

So son, enjoy your life, your wife, your job, and all the fun! But, please, don't forget where home is!

No comments:

Post a Comment